Forums

Plaid Pants Matching?

•  

I have the coral vest from the first line so that's a possiblity

•  

My fashion rules coincide with the majortiy of the FJC.

Striped/checked/patterned pants/shorts = solid shirt.

Solid pants/shorts = preferably striped/patterned shirt but ok with solid shirt too.

•  

Always wear solids with plaids.      Hated it!!!!

TT

•  

That was too good of a price to pass up!  I've been looking at them trying to decide what will be best.  I'm definitely going solid color.  I try very hard to not mix stripes, checks, and patterns.  Occasionally you can get a mix that will work, but usually not.  I'll probably just ask the wife which of my shirts would look good and go with that.  As long as she thinks it looks good, I'm good to go!

•  

Good idea.....here is an image that will may steer you in the right direction.......too bad this fellow did not get the message about mixing plaids......this image in your mind is a lasting one...lol

•  

ChuckZ

Good idea.....here is an image that will may steer you in the right direction.......too bad this fellow did not get the message about mixing plaids......this image in your mind is a lasting one...lol

Looks like someone took a trip to Costco.

•  

Well I've got this shirt from the FJAI that should go perfectly!

•  

There is so much wrong here frankly, that the whole plaid conversation pales in comparison. But I digress......

• 661 points

Wear solids always with strips or plaid.  You can get a little funky with the socks though.  I know that the conventional wisdom is to match the color of your socks to the color of your pants, but if you have to wear socks (at work) then you can express your individualism.

• 2490 points

Agree -- that will definitely work.  

Justinu3

•  

Justinu3

I have that one too, but unfortunately mine is a little on the big side (it was before I realized I was a size smaller in FJ shirts.)  But it could still work.

• 4846 points

Solids with plaids. You could probably get away with a subtle weave or pattern in the shirt.

• 614 points

how comfortable are the pants?  Like them?