Forums

FJ Shirts in Pro Shop

•  

For about the past year or so I have been encouraging our head pro to carry FJ shirts in our pro shop.  He has carried shirts and outerwear with other courses logos at discounted prices and has done well in sales.  He informed me today that he is getting ready to order FJ shirts with our course logo on the shirts to sell in the pro shop.   Persistence pays off.  

• 5791 points

Good job, Chuck. Persistence, Squeaky wheel, or Pain in the... Whatever it takes.

I am sure the other members will appreciate your behind the scene influence on apparel stocking decisions.

•  

Way to break him down Chuck. Make sure to tell all your friends!

• 2217 points

I have a similar tale to Chuck's but it involved a business in New Jersey, while I lived there.  

The product was Scotch though…

Never thought to try it with FJ shirts.  Good idea.

•  

Tar Heel
    Way to break him down Chuck. Make sure to tell all your friends!

Whenever he received the other FJ shirts and outerwear in the shop I was his best saleperson.  I would call all my golf buddies to let them know that the FJs are in the we would buy him out in hopes he would buy some more.  At $29.95 they were a steal and that included the lined sweaters and rainwear.  They had carried FJ shoes and Titleist/FJ caps and Titleist balls but really glad to see our logo on the FJ shirts.  Baby steps, Randy........

•  

Good job Chuck.  I'm planning to do the same to the pro at my course in Sunset Beach.  They just recently were sold in bankruptcy court, so before that I wasn't pushing because I knew his hands were tied in what he could order.  But now things are looking up and they are putting money in to the courses.  So I think now is the time to start pushing for FJ shirts with my courses logo!

•  

Most businesses respond to customer demand, from grocery stores to liquor stores to golf pro shops.  Good old supply and demand.  If demand increases, an increase in supply should follow.

•  

I have done the same w my pro over the last two years.  I said you need to have quality products that players will recognize and trust.

2014 was his biggest FJ order placed!  Glad to help the cause and spend my Ambassador love for FJ to all who play

•  

Sadly, as hard as I try, my course and shop doesn't carry anything except a few pairs of FJ shoes. Mostly because people ask for them. I try and try, but since all the Professionals are 3 Stripes players, well let's just say I'm stymied.

So I support my favorite FJ Staff Professional Rick, who is better than a local rep for me! On my speed dialer too!

•  

Chuck you may save Devin's job with the extra sales.

•  

Great job Chuck...you're going to be a great Ambassador very soon!!!

• 421 points

Chuck, I may have to place an order through you and your Pro Shop. Great prices and I know because I find deals. I haven't had a bad FootJoy product to date. From head to toe Footjoy has you covered in quality!

• 2017 points

Our club is predominately FJ apparel so I guess we are pretty fortunate.

• 2017 points

Our club is predominately FJ apparel so I guess we are pretty fortunate.

• 757 points

Good Job Chuck,

I guess I am lucky in that my Pro Shop carries predominately FJ / Titleist gear, a few other manufactures are present, but we can always get the good stuff (FJ / Titleist).  The catalog is on display next to the shoe rack for all the browse thru.