Forums

Need a new FJ Rainsuit or Pants

• 115 points

Devin - I am also looking for my first rain suit.  I'm 5'10 my waist is a 34-35 depending on the brand.  I tried on the Large XP's even with the waist tightened the room in the butt was too much.  Do you think the Mediums would work or would they be to tight?  I found a pair of Tour Collection pants on clearance in Large, do you think the XP is a better option?  Saving some $ is nice, but I really want the better of the two products.  One last question, I wear a Medium in FJ shirts, would I wear a Medium in the XP Rain Jackets?  Thank you!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

As for sizing in the pants, I'm measured at a 35 and wear the large rain pants.  I had them hemmed to fit me a bit better in the length, all torso - short legs.  In the jackets I go with a medium, the size I wear in the quarter zips or sweaters.  

Thanks for the insight on the sizing.  Sounds like a similar plan for me from a fit perspective.  I really like the design on the XP pants where the zipper does not come all the way to the bottom and there is a strip of Velcro so you can hem them to length. 

•  

I talked to my local rep and recommended I get size Large pants and I'm 6'1" and wear 38" FJ pants (although I need to take them in 1")  The rain pants fit perfectly over my FJ regular pants.

•  

IF you can find them, the FJ Rain Trousers that are available in Europe are fantastic.

•  

Pure745
    Devin - I am also looking for my first rain suit.  I'm 5'10 my waist is a 34-35 depending on the brand.  I tried on the Large XP's even with the waist tightened the room in the butt was too much.  Do you think the Mediums would work or would they be to tight?  I found a pair of Tour Collection pants on clearance in Large, do you think the XP is a better option?  Saving some $ is nice, but I really want the better of the two products.  One last question, I wear a Medium in FJ shirts, would I wear a Medium in the XP Rain Jackets?  Thank you!

The biggest change from Tour Collection to XP would be the fabric:

•  3-Layer Bonded (XP) vs Shell & Liner (TC)
    •  Lighter
    • More Stretch
    • Softer
    • Quieter

Other Updates:

• Waterproof  Front Fly
    • Larger back pockets for yardage book
    • Shorter leg zipper with added storm flap for extra waterproof protection

Also, for a 34-35 guy, I would recommend a Medium pant.

Best,

DG

• 115 points

Thank you Devin.  What about XP jacket sizing?  Would you go Medium if I wear a Medium in the shirts?

•  

I have the tour pants and love them, great stuff for rainy conditions

•  

cwaybright
    I have the tour pants and love them, great stuff for rainy conditions

I think that would be the right decision, some like to size up for layering purposes but I feel it will still allow for that in the Medium.

• 6 points

not sure but i have search all over for f j rains tops and bottoms, and they don't make xx or ***

•  

bigomobley
    not sure but i have search all over for f j rains tops and bottoms, and they don't make xx or ***

We make XX across the board in our outerwear offerings.  In triple X we make an all black, DryJoys Tour XP Outerwear piece.

•  

Devin, do you think that FJ will ever make a GoreTex type fabric with a lifetime guarantee?  I purchased ZR prior to becoming a FJ outerwear nut and mix the combination of the two.......too expensive to get rid of.......just curious....love my FJ......thanks...Chuck  :-)

• 691 points

Same boat as Whaq1, I'm. 5'6" 32" waist. Medium is about 10 inches too long. Any estimates on alteration cost? How much did it affect the aesthetics of the pant?

•  

For a 41 waist would one consider a XL or XXL in the XP Pants? Just curious on what you think... Thanks!

• 6 points

Are their any stores that carry those sizes or do i need to go to the f j website

• 115 points

Okay, finally got to try these on in person.  I'm 5'10 wear between a 34-35" waist depending on the day :)  I wear a Medium in the pants and they still have room in the waist and the seat is much better fitting.  Also, in the XP jacket I am a Medium and wear a Medium polo.  I decided to go with the XP line over the new Nike HyperAdapt, the quality is much higher in both pieces.