Forums

Apparel Care Question

•  

OUTIGER
    I just wear them once and throw them away.  That way I do not worry about stains or static.

TT

I used to take Tim's hand me downs but after his weight loss they are too small

• 2877 points

Devin_Gmitter
    TNT009I just use the smelly fabric thingys you put in dryer.. No issues ever!  Those actual can hurt the breathability of our shirts.  I advise against using them.

Devin -- That is interesting to know.  Are their other tips we should know that are probably not on any care tags?  anything on the FJ site?  

•  

Interesting.

Best use of the word SPRITZ in a sentence not moderated and blocked by Devin.

Well done Bruce!

•  

Pony
    Devin_GmitterTNT009I just use the smelly fabric thingys you put in dryer.. No issues ever!  Those actual can hurt the breathability of our shirts.  I advise against using them.

Devin -- That is interesting to know.  Are their other tips we should know that are probably not on any care tags?  anything on the FJ site?

We do not have anything like that on the current site but we can look to add it.  A lot of people choose to line dry, not sure why.  I would follow Randy's suggestions and wash cold, then dry with low heat and no dryer sheet!

•  

NO MORE DRYER SHEETS for me......I am a believer after all this new information.....I wash all my clothes in cold water and regulate the length of time for drying.......haven't had static in a while....eliminated carpet in the house....installed hardwood floors....

•  

Pony
    Devin_GmitterTNT009I just use the smelly fabric thingys you put in dryer.. No issues ever!  Those actual can hurt the breathability of our shirts.  I advise against using them.

I believe the dryer sheet is technically a fabric softener.  And I think the label says no fabric softeners.  I could be wrong, but that's what I've gone with for all of my "performance" wear and it seems to have worked out.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    PonyDevin_GmitterTNT009I just use the smelly fabric thingys you put in dryer.. No issues ever!  Those actual can hurt the breathability of our shirts.  I advise against using them.

Devin -- That is interesting to know.  Are their other tips we should know that are probably not on any care tags?  anything on the FJ site?We do not have anything like that on the current site but we can look to add it.  A lot of people choose to line dry, not sure why.  I would follow Randy's suggestions and wash cold, then dry with low heat and no dryer sheet!

Line drying literally doesn't put any heat stress on the fabric. Performance fabric is totally synthetic, so it can scorch or melt under extreme heat. A dryer cant produce that much heat, but an iron can. Why the tag says never to iron.

If you have a washer with high spin, the fabric will come out of the dryer nearly dry. It's why this stuff is so much better than cotton. Line drying only takes a short time then.

•  

I line dry all of my FJ items.  Always have and always will.  And right now if I did that they would flash freeze.

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    I line dry all of my FJ items.  Always have and always will.  And right now if I did that they would flash freeze.

TT

Classic...

•  

Guys...It is pretty simple. My wife just magically manages to keep clean clothes in the closet for me! She has said that she loves the FJ shirts, nothing to iron. Wash in cold water, spin dry, then hang on the rack.

•  

Such a nice life. Rick shoveling the cars out and the lovely Nicola managing the washing chores. Yet again, my hero.

All except that shoveling thingy.

•  

Just say no to dryer sheet

• 106 points

I have sprayed some of my golf apparel with Scotch Guard to add a modicum of protective coverage against staining and too some degree wetness. Just sayin.