Forums

White Belts Out?

• 3284 points

Interesting...so i was just about to trade in a green belt that I rec'd as a door prize at an event for a white one.

•  

BostonBuzza
    who cares what they are all saying.  Where your white belts with pride and play well.

Hail to that Brian! I wear white if I don't have a belt that coordinates with the accents on my white shoes. Or because I just feel like it.

And the fashion editor from Golf Digest can come have a sit down with me F2F and I will be happy to have a discussion with him. As I recall, I have not been accused of being neither on trend or out of fashion in a LOOOONG time. So I will be happy to chat.

•  

Fashion comes fashion goes.  Keep those white belts in another 30 years or so they will be the rage again?  Just like in the 70's.

•  

Does this mean we will get a brown FJ belt soon????

•  

I'm with Tdogg. Hackel just doesn't like them, and he isn't shy about saying so. Personally, I think Mr. Hackel is behind the fashion curve in men's golf, not in front of it.

• 505 points

Personally, I love all white shoes (thank you Icons) and nothing better than a white belt to go along with it. I am not a fan of colored belts, maybe they need to grow on me. But to each its own...

• 2408 points

I have seen some of what he say's " in"  so I choose to ignore much of what he say's. The white belts are going no where, colored belts have been around for some time now and I have seen guys for years wearing them on tour  Bubba, Dustin, Hunter to name a few of the guys I have seen wearing them.

My two cents anyway.

•  

Chris92009
    I was listening to PGA tour radio on xm and the fashion editor from golf digest remarked that white belts are out and colors are in...any thoughts?

Guess the PGA tour pros weren't listening......style is what makes you comfortable but there are limits.....

•  

You know what they say about opinions.....

Where what you like and what makes you feel the best. Look good = Play good.

•  

shaun13
    You know what they say about opinions.....

So my stretchy buffet sweatpants and a tshirt

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    shaun13You know what they say about opinions.....

So my stretchy buffet sweatpants and a tshirt

TT

Of course that Tee Shirt is one of those new FJ tshirts........although I don't think they make them in the Hungrey Cow buffet size.....with all due respect....ha..ha...

•  

WELL FOLKS I REALLY BELIEVE THAT JOURNALISTS WERE PUT HERE FOR A REASON,,,,,,,BUT I HAVE NOT YET FOUND WHAT IT WAS.

I'M PRETTY SURE IT WASN'T TO TELL ME WHAT TO WEAR AND WHEN.

WEAR WHAT YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT IT BUT ALWAYS MAKE IT FOOTJOY AND YOU WILL BE STYLIN'.

• 422 points

Bases on what I have seen during the short 2014 season I would disagree.

•  

It seems the nylon or ribbon belts are becoming more popular.  I've been wearing them for years off the course, but I never liked them on the course.  They didn't stay tight and I was constantly tightening them before I would swing.  I'm going to pick up a couple FJ ribbon belts this year, so hopefully they will perform better since they are designed with a golfer in mind (I hope).

•  

Whaql1
    I wear what I want. I would wear colors if I had them but most of my shoes have white in them so I just roll with that. I exceed the waist size but oh well, haven't ran into anyone who cares.

I resemble this remark!!!  I still go with white when I'm playing, I do have colors as well but like white best!!