Forums

Cuffs

•  

The discussion on pleats seems to have flared up again and got me wondering about cuffs on your plants.  How many of you have cuffs on your golf trousers?

•  

Absolutely none here. When I smoked, used them for ash trays when we couldn't find something to put those ashes in.

• 5856 points

No cuffs for me. I spend to much time in the weeds and end up with all kinds of "stuff" in them.

• 346 points

I have had my pants altered to take away cuffs and add slits on the side.  Liking the style today.

• 2801 points

no cuffs on golf pants.  Casual wear also no cuffs.   Suits were a different story though.  Conservative look and per some I should never wear cuffs at 5'7"

• 2243 points

None here either.  I will admit to having pleated and cuffed dress pants that I often wear to work.  Golf pants are all flat front, no cuffs.  In my opinion, I probably wouldn't want cuffs on my golf pants. To eagle's point, I think they would catch a lot of junk in the cuffs, like grass, ashes, dirts, etc.  

• 749 points

No Cuffs for me but I do like the boot cut or "V" cut pants

• 5856 points

Redskins87
    No Cuffs for me but I do like the boot cut or "V" cut pants

Redskins,

Where do you buy pants with a "Boot cut"? I have been trying to find pants with that configuration.

•  

I have heard of boot cut jeans but not familar with boot cut golf slacks........going to have to look that one up on the internet......

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    Redskins87No Cuffs for me but I do like the boot cut or "V" cut pants

Redskins,

Where do you buy pants with a "Boot cut"? I have been trying to find pants with that configuration.

Mark, did a little research on the internet and most of my inquiries regarding Boot Cut Pants came back for womens pants.....anything related to men came back boot cut jeans.......they might be some out there.........boot cut is basically a straight leg full cut slack......no taper to the leg at all......the term indicates that it will fit over you boots as you know cowboy.....happy trails...chuck

•  

Well I was a "pleat & cuff" guy for over 25 years, but that ship has now officially sailed. This past week I took 100% of the pleated/cuffed trousers and got rid of them. I replaced everything with non-cuffed pants across the board, which is something I started with my golf gear last year.

While I'm still not the "skinny jeans type" like Devin, the styles today simply don't lend themselves to looking good with the pleat/cuff combo. And BTW, you cannot wear cuffs with flat fronted trousers. It's just not done.

As for the side slits.... If you buy trousers you can go to any good tailor and have a 1.5" slit put in for small fees. I do this for a fair amount of my golf pants.  

•  

Does that mean I have to retire my paisley,cuffed and pleated?

•  

NCBob
    Does that mean I have to retire my paisley,cuffed and pleated?

Oh no Bob. They look really good on you!

• 749 points

Mark I have them tailored, its the best way to get them to look they way you want them to look.  Now I have not done any of my FJ pants yet.

•  

My golf slacks are pretty much all IJP now and they are flat fronted and no cuffs. I will say that all of my dress slacks have cuffs as do a few of my casual slacks.