Forums

Is there as way to re-establish water repellency of DryJoy jacket??

• 8 points

I have a DryJoy jacket I've owned for less than a year.  I love it, but in a recent round in a moderate drizzle I noticed that water was not beading up and rolling off of the jacket.  It was in fact getting saturated on the shoulders and back.  Is there a way to re-establish the water repellency quality of these jackets?  Response from FJ folks would be greatly appreciated.

•  

If you had it less than a year call FJ customer service or return it to where you bought it.  There is a warranty that is second to none.  

•  

If it's old.  Scotchgard!

•  

Hi WGFF - Welcome to the FJC.  I would do as Bob recommends - contact FJ Customer Service and they should be able to take care of you.  If there is a defect in a new item, I'm sure that they will want to see it to determine the cause.

•  

First question.  Is the jacket water proof or water repellant?  

•  

Will_Golf_For_Food
    I have a DryJoy jacket I've owned for less than a year.  I love it, but in a recent round in a moderate drizzle I noticed that water was not beading up and rolling off of the jacket.  It was in fact getting saturated on the shoulders and back.  Is there a way to re-establish the water repellency quality of these jackets?  Response from FJ folks would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Sir,

What is the exact model?  An SKU would be perfect but if you cannot track that down a picture would suffice.

In the mean time I have sent a note to our Outerwear designer to field his input.

Best,

DG

•  

ChuckZ
    First question.  Is the jacket water proof or water repellant?

DryJoys are waterproof.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Will_Golf_For_FoodI have a DryJoy jacket I've owned for less than a year.  I love it, but in a recent round in a moderate drizzle I noticed that water was not beading up and rolling off of the jacket.  It was in fact getting saturated on the shoulders and back.  Is there a way to re-establish the water repellency quality of these jackets?  Response from FJ folks would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Sir,

What is the exact model?  An SKU would be perfect but if you cannot track that down a picture would suffice.

In the mean time I have sent a note to our Outerwear designer to field his input.

Best,

DG

Our Outerwear designer has informed me that the DWR finish on our waterproof jackets can diminish over time as dirt and oils collect on the surface.  We ask that you wash the jacket according to the care instructions, it should alleviate some of the issue you are having.  

• 4743 points

A) Follow the care instructions and treat with any namebrand DWR treatments..Scotchguard type.

B) If it is still under warranty contact the warranty deptartment.

My expectation for my golf outwear is that it hold up to a light rain or drizzle. I am not on tour and I go in when it starts raining.

• 4743 points

I just saw this today. I am sending an older pair of rain pants.

www.outdoorlife.com/.../give-your-favorite-hunting-gear-new-life-nikwax-rehab-program

• 2474 points

Thats a good deal.  I have used NikWax on other outdoor gear and the products work.  

•  

Like our new member, Will_Golf_For_Food, my DryJoys Performance Light jacket also lets me get wet in more than a light rain.  It's the one I wore in Rhode Island before FJ so generously provided new ones for us all.  When it gets too bad, I simply wash it according to the instructions and press on.  If I'm out in any real rain, I wear the short sleeve Jacket I got in Rhode Island and am dry and comfortable.