Forums

Adjust Hydralite rain pants length

• 5 points

There are buttons and Velcro at the bottom of the pant legs.  How are they supposed to be used?  The elastic waist is nice but the length is much too long.  Product describes easy alterations?  

•  

Pitchinwedge
    There are buttons at the bottom of the pant legs.  How are they supposed to be used?  

I use the buttons/snaps on the bottom of my rain pants to tighten the legs when it is raining.......guessing that is their intent.....

• 2485 points

I was under the impression that because of the Velcro strip you could actually take the rain pants to a tailor and have them adjust the length.  Being short 5'6"-5'7" I have had difficulty when looking for rain pants and was lucky a few years ago to find another brand in short that worked.  I am due for a new pair of pants however soon so am hoping that the FJ ones can in fact be shortened.  Velcro would seem to allow this while zippers would be much more difficult to alter.  Maybe Devin can add to this conversation.  

• 3503 points

Pitchinwedge
    There are buttons and Velcro at the bottom of the pant legs.  How are they supposed to be used?  The elastic waist is nice but the length is much too long.  Product describes easy alterations?

All FJ rain pants have a few inches of velcro on the bottom before you get to the buttons. You can take them to be professionally hemmed to your desired length. Fact.

•  

On that note, I have taken my FJ rain pants to be altered before and have had no problems.

• 1649 points

I had to have my new Tour XP rain pants hemmed up an inch, and it was no problem.  

• 4814 points

I use the snaps that are above my ankles to "gather" the hem lines to the top of my shoes.

• 27 points

I also had my new Tour XP rain pants hemmed, they turned out great.