Forums

Winter finally arrived - layer up

•  

We finally got cold and wet here in Texas. So, I dressed in full FJ attire (base layer, shirt, Performance sweater, socks, shoes and Premiere Rain Suit. Went to the course and it's closed due to inclement weather. Somedays, not even Footjoy can make playable. ;-)

•  

Unless you are in northern Texas, don't complain too loudly. We have had cold weather up here in Iowa for the past 5 weeks with an occasional day of warmth, about once a week. In fact, last night the temp went to ZERO at night, and that is cold. Time to get the long pants out now and hope for some 40 plus temps so we can go out to play.

•  

Today was a high of 28 with 20 mph winds and snow. I texted my buddy and said we should probably skip our Sunday morning round. Haha.

•  

Got to agree, Freddy.  I've cancelled two days already due to the weather since Friday.  Tomorrow is not looking so good, either.  Even with the FJ rain gear, and layers of all types, 2.5 inches of rain don't help make courses playable.  I'll be glad when this front finishes going through and we can get back to playing in semi-comfortable conditions.

• 2712 points

Getting in the 20's here in New England but the days will get up into the 40's,so we can still play.

•  

Played yesterday in a little rain.  My footboy gear from head to toe kept me dry and warm.  But today windchill was in upper 20's so did not even try.  40 degrees is my new lower limit.

•  

I feel everyone's pain!. It was cloudy here yesterday and we had to use cart paths only because of 2 days of constant rain. My trousers even got muddy!

OK, I'm sorry. I watched football last night from back east, and it is pretty surreal to live here in SoCal now, where temps below 60 send people off to get their down jackets. Crazy.....

•  

My local pro and I thought about nine around 11:00 yesterday -  was 27 degrees which would have been ok - except the wind was blowing 15 or better.

So we packed it in -  Yesterday could be the best weather we see for a week.  

• 1733 points

I'm headed to South Dakota for the week to see family.  My sister promised me that I would be able to golf.  Yeah, right.  The "high" each day won't even touch 30.  

I'm freezing my posterior off right now in Atlanta, where it's about 35 right now.  Didn't stop me from layering up in FJ gear, although the only pseudo-golf I'll see today is probably positing a few messages on this board.

•  

I played yesterday in 32 degrees and 10 mph wind.  Chilly, but not completely miserable.  I did have a cart cover and heater.

•  

Back into the 60's in North Texas for the weekend.  They actually closed the golf course at noon yesterday with the anticipation of ice.  Ready for the cold and rain to move on out!

•  

I was able to sneak in another round this past Saturday up in New England.  The temps stay around 40 degrees, but thanks to my FJ layer system, I was just fine to play.  In addition to layering up, having a heater in the cart helped take the bite out of the cold.

I order a Flat Back Rib Half Zip, so that will help for my next round.  It will be my first purchase with the FJA logo on in.  Hopeing it comes in soon....

Stay warm for all who dear to continue to play..

•  

memphisunited
    I played yesterday in 32 degrees and 10 mph wind.  Chilly, but not completely miserable.  I did have a cart cover and heater.

The way you play it wouldn't matter about the temp.   BAZINGA!!!!!

Was 27 here with 20 mph winds watching soccer.     BRRRRRRRRRRRR

TT

•  

memphisunited

I saw the photo on FB. Your cart cover was too big, it looked like it was wearing a skirt. I will leave the short jokes to . . .

•  

golfchick
    memphisunitedI played yesterday in 32 degrees and 10 mph wind.  Chilly, but not completely miserable.  I did have a cart cover and heater.

I saw the photo on FB. Your cart cover was too big, it looked like it was wearing a skirt. I will leave the short jokes to . . .

I was supposed to join Scott and bailed out.....the chill factor was just too much for me......I can handle the cold but the ground was damp from all the rain and with the wind, guess that I am getting old......hope it's warmer in Charleston when I get home on Saturday....will be back at Christmas and maybe I can hook up with him at that time.....and maybe it will not be as cold.....