Forums

FJ Leather Belts

•  

Usual rule in retail is that you buy a belt 2 inches longer than your waist size to allow for the the belt to buckle properly and slide through the keeper, since a 36 belt is 36 inches long. However, there's been discussion on here before about this -- as I recall, some guys liked buying the same size.

•  

I have FJ Leather belt that is one size larger than my FJ Performance Pant Size and it fits perfect! FWIW

• 1146 points

I'm a 36W too and I ordered the 38W in the belt to make sure it'd be long enough to fit through the first loop after the buckle.

There are a few belts with buckles but I guess since they discontinued the belt ( I have no idea why they would do such a thing) you can only get the belt with the buckle. When it arrieves I'll see if the buckle fits on any of my other belts.

•  

golfchick
    Usual rule in retail is that you buy a belt 2 inches longer than your waist size to allow for the the belt to buckle properly and slide through the keeper, since a 36 belt is 36 inches long. However, there's been discussion on here before about this -- as I recall, some guys liked buying the same size.

That is normally what I have gone by, but I've found a lot of companies will now have "belt sizes."  So if you wear a 36" waist, they will make a 38" belt, but call it a size 36.  In my current belts, I have sizes 34 to 40 and they all fit about the same.  I did remember someone talking about this a while ago, but I forgot what was said and I couldn't find it when I searched.

•  

Chris92009
    I have FJ Leather belt that is one size larger than my FJ Performance Pant Size and it fits perfect! FWIW

Great, thanks!

• 1146 points

Professor3
    does anyone know where i can get a replacement belt for the buckle i already have?

I found replacement belts at BudgetGolf for $25. Unfortunately, no brown.

•  

Professor3
    Professor3does anyone know where i can get a replacement belt for the buckle i already have?

I saw that as well.  At first I thought it was the belt and buckle.  They had the same picture as they did when they offered both, but when I read closer I realized it was the belt.  But they are not clear at all with their listing.

• 1146 points

tdogg21
    Professor3Professor3does anyone know where i can get a replacement belt for the buckle i already have?

I saw that as well.  At first I thought it was the belt and buckle.  They had the same picture as they did when they offered both, but when I read closer I realized it was the belt.  But they are not clear at all with their listing.

Thanks tdogg. So much for truth in advertising. I'm still trying to find a brown belt.