Forums

FJ Leather Belts

•  

I am in Memphis and was at a local pro shop looking for the FJ leather belts and the head pro called FJ and they have been discontinued and will be replaced this spring with a multi-colored ribbon belt.  Sorry to hear they are going away from leather belts.....

•  

i knew they had new belts coming out but didn't realize they were discontinuing the old ones.  i guess maybe they didn't want to compete with all of the other leather belt options out there?

•  

that pro better call back.  your post reminded me i wanted to check the colors of the ribbon belts to plan what i'm getting next year.  and the leather belts are still in the catalog.

•  

This information is based on a phone call to FootJoy, while I was standing at the counter.  Maybe Devin can shed some light on this, Because I cannot seem to find the leather belts anywhere and he was going to special order them for me over the phone.    

•  

There are a couple of ribbon belts in the collections offered for this spring.  catalog has the leather belts listed as Always Available -  style numbers are: 69315- black  and 69308-white

•  

Golflocker still has the black belt for $48, but only size 30" inch.  TGW has both black and white for same price, more sizes.  I am pretty sure I saw the white one on sale for $39, but don't remember which one.  

The ribbon belts were nice.  A different look with a subtle flash.  Much different look than the FJ buckle.

• 1710 points

Say it ain't so.

•  

I like the look of the ribbon belt, but typical I have not liked playing golf with a ribbon style belt.  They come loose too often and I spend most of the round tightening my belt.  I will definitely be giving these a try and hopefully since they were most likely designed with golf in mind, they will work a little better than my current ones.

• 1393 points

ribbon belts? really? like those old boy scout belts? say it isn't so. anyone seen a pic?

• 1393 points

does anyone know where i can get a replacement belt for the buckle i already have?

•  

tdogg21
    I like the look of the ribbon belt, but typical I have not liked playing golf with a ribbon style belt.  They come loose too often and I spend most of the round tightening my belt.  I will definitely be giving these a try and hopefully since they were most likely designed with golf in mind, they will work a little better than my current ones.

Let me know how they work out.....I have that same problem with the ribbon belts....  

•  

BostonBuzza
    Golflocker still has the black belt for $48, but only size 30" inch.  TGW has both black and white for same price, more sizes.  I am pretty sure I saw the white one on sale for $39, but don't remember which one.  

The ribbon belts were nice.  A different look with a subtle flash.  Much different look than the FJ buckle.

Checked TGW....3 sizes in each color......$47.95......thanks....I a big boy....need 42....if anyone finds them let me know where.......Hokie, may go to my pro and ask him to order......interested that this pro could not order them for me in Memphis.....they had tried about two months ago......my Brother in laws club.......  

•  

Ribbon belts, white and black belts....WHERE IS THE BROWN BELT?????

•  

I as well went to order some new leather belts and the old style was discontinued ... Is anyone aware of a new leather option?

•  

what size belt should I look for?  I'm a 36 in the FJ shorts so should I get a 36 or 38 belt?