Forums

shoes, belt hat Match?

• 5277 points

I follow the basic tenant that the belt and shoes must match.  As for the hat, when I wear them, it is more of a coordination item with the outfit.  I have a couple of white belts and do wear them quite a bit (only when shoes are predominantly white, of course).  

Generally, I use the belt buckle to tie the belt into the outfit.  Blue shirt?  Then blue or blue and white striped belt buckle.  Black shirt?  Silver and black buckle, etc.  I have found that changing the buckle around on the belts gives you a lot more belt coordination options with your outfits.

Does anybody else swap out the buckles to match the rest of their outfit?

•  

At times, I've worn a black hat with a black belt and all white shield tips....oh, the horror.  I've also worn a white visor with a brown belt and brown/white shield tips....oh nooo.  Maybe even a navy hat with a white belt and brown/white shield tips...or was it red hat with brown belt and.....wait, what was the question again?

Shaun rocking the jean ensemble is cool.  A pair of sweet galactic wash jeans would be stylish on the course.

•  

[quote user="memphisunited"

Shaun rocking the jean ensemble is cool.  A pair of sweet galactic wash jeans would be stylish on the course.[/quote]

He Bedazzles the colors on the denim to match the belt/shoe combo

TT

•  

[quote user="OUTIGER"][quote user="memphisunited"

Shaun rocking the jean ensemble is cool.  A pair of sweet galactic wash jeans would be stylish on the course.[/quote]

He Bedazzles the colors on the denim to match the belt/shoe combo

TT[/quote]

From this point on, Shaun will be known as the Denim Bedazzler.  Hokie and Randy will have unlimited combinations of MyJoys with the help of the Denim Bedazzler.  And TNT can reach out to Patrick Gibbons for properly bedazzled belts.  :)

•  

I feel the shoes should match the bag unless you have had a colostomy.

•  

Tar Heel
    TNT009Well randy pretty much said it it, but I'll go a step further...... Marty is a goofball!

Wear what you like, but the shoes and belt should match in some fashion. The hat can match anything worn, say shirt, pants or vest.

And it's getting tiresome hearing at an age you should be wearing a white belt or if you got a belly.. If you like that color when rock on!

just no white sock with black shoes, my pet peeve!

Or black socks with white shoes!

I am more generously sized in the waist, and I wear a white belt. If MH doesn't like it he can kiss.....

Well put, gentlemen.....I too own white belts because I own a few white FJ shoes and at my age the middle section is not as slim as is once was and they make me feel good.......and as for the hats they normally are the color of the shirts or the pants depending on my mood that day.....  

• 3284 points

Mike_C
    Does anybody else swap out the buckles to match the rest of their outfit?

I hadn't really considered changing the buckle. Interesting thought though.

I stick with: brown shoes/brown belt; black shoes/black belt. If they have two colours then, the belt & hat should pick up one of the colours.

•  

bholley
    I feel the shoes should match the bag unless you have had a colostomy.

don't worry....i'm sure there is a MyJoy option for that...