Forums

Winter Cart Mits

•  

Don, I play the Golf Club of Cali in Fallbrook and it was high 40s and it was  worn well into back nine.. It was a matter of keeping the hands warm.

•  

I've got a pretty old pair of the cart mitts, with a club logo from Macon, GA.  I haven't used those since I've gotten the FJ winter mitts with the slit in them that permits you to fold the end back so you can grip things with fingers.  I find I truly prefer those for those cold mornings here in southeastern Texas in Jan and Feb.  Those mitts probably stay on until the temperature gets into the high 40s/low 50s, then get put away.  I've also got a nice woolen scarf I wear when it's that cold.  Don't think that's FJ, though.

•  

All this talk just sparked a purchase of some new FJ cart mits, the way the weather looks here in WV I'm going to be needing them!

•  

It was daylight at 730am and a 45 degree damp morning Saturday and the sun was not up and I wish I had mine at the course to take the bite off the tips of my fingers......and the wind was blowing about 10 miles per hour......they are going in my bag and stay there just in case.....along with my winter knit hat......played pocket pool most of the front nine to keep warm......

•  

Good to know.  I walked 9 in 45-50 degree weather on Saturday.  My base layer and performance sweater was perfect on top.  The Vokey beanie with the turtle fur topped it off.  Felt super comfortable.

•  

golferdrmjr
    TNT009

Those sweater are all you'll really need.... They're worth weight in platinum! Just gotta keep darn moths away!

I've only worn mine once during a frost delay. After we started playing I had to change to something lighter. Hard to find a day cold enough in San Diego to wear a Performance Sweater!

i really feel bad for you........

haha.  come to the northeast and you'll have plenty of chances to wear it!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    tdogg21Devin_GmitterIf I have to wear them chances are I am not playing!

so growing up in western PA, you played what, one maybe two weeks a year??

Very true, in college we had several tournaments with snow flurries! I don't miss that aspect of it, if I only had a FJ Performance Lined sweaters then it would of been far more enjoyable!

i believe it.  i have a friend playing at St. Francis now and she posted a picture on instagram the other day of one of her teammates so bundled up i don't know how she could swing.  makes me wonder why i still live in PA!

•  

If it makes you Easteners feel better it's raining here now!  

•  

TNT009

Which just means we can play tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that, or, well, you get the picture. :-)

•  

TNT009

a little bit!  haha.

60s and sunny here.  but the lack of leaves and the cold mornings remind you that the end is near.

• 2377 points

Its in the 40's and 50's here ( highs not lows) with 10 - 20 mph winds here in Wisconsin -- and I am still playing.  Weds the 30th is like a heatwave with a high of 58.  Wearing a FJ performance base layer with a FJ golf shirt and a Performance lined sweater.  when in 40's I may add a half sleeve top as an extra layer if needed. More a wind block not a heavier rain type.   Also use the FJ winter gloves.  I need to pick up a FJ thermal base layer instead of the performance base layer.  Never used the Mitts however.  Its hard for me to listen to Cali or tx guys complain about cold when I play in Wisconsin.  :)

•  

dzabkar
    I can hopefully shed a little light on this one, Justin.

Cart Mitts from FJ and Titleist are similar. Titleist is waterproof whereas FJ offers a more water resistant play. I believe they both have that warming "fleece like" liner on the inside.

6 to one half-dozen the other really. I personally have the FJ ones in my trunk now. But if the conditions call for cart mitts... I may stay inside and eat chili!

Can't go wrong with either, obviously. Depends on what you're looking to spend/elements of play

Was on line looking at tgw.com today and they were advertising winter goods and found FJ DryJoy winter mitts and they are waterproof.  This might be a new line.  

•  

ChuckZ
    dzabkarI can hopefully shed a little light on this one, Justin.

Cart Mitts from FJ and Titleist are similar. Titleist is waterproof whereas FJ offers a more water resistant play. I believe they both have that warming "fleece like" liner on the inside.

6 to one half-dozen the other really. I personally have the FJ ones in my trunk now. But if the conditions call for cart mitts... I may stay inside and eat chili!

Can't go wrong with either, obviously. Depends on what you're looking to spend/elements of play

Was on line looking at tgw.com today and they were advertising winter goods and found FJ DryJoy winter mitts and they are waterproof.  This might be a new line.

Actually that is from the old line, we began manufacturing that model Pre-2009.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    ChuckZdzabkarI can hopefully shed a little light on this one, Justin.

Actually that is from the old line, we began manufacturing that model Pre-2009.

Wow, they do not have a Pre-2009 price tag on them.......$39.95 seems more in line with todays models.....maybe they put on the wrong picture.......

• 1146 points

I knew I liked you ChuckZ