Forums

Winter Cart Mits

•  

Anyone have both Titleist and FJ ones?  Wondering what the differences are.

• 3500 points

I can hopefully shed a little light on this one, Justin.

Cart Mitts from FJ and Titleist are similar. Titleist is waterproof whereas FJ offers a more water resistant play. I believe they both have that warming "fleece like" liner on the inside.

6 to one half-dozen the other really. I personally have the FJ ones in my trunk now. But if the conditions call for cart mitts... I may stay inside and eat chili!

Can't go wrong with either, obviously. Depends on what you're looking to spend/elements of play

•  

I have the Titleist ones and I would probably guess the Logo.....they look pretty much the same....one pair is enough....I bought mine in Memphis in June and it was 95 degrees the day I purchased thm and the pro laughed when I asked if he had any.....those things were difficult to find here in Charleston......I have a clicgear push cart and gloves to match them as well.......it does get cold in Charleston sometimes.....

•  

I keep the Titleist ones in my trunk and love them...the FJ are nice also...have not tested them in rain though for waterproof vs resistant... FWIW

•  

dzabkar
    I can hopefully shed a little light on this one, Justin.

Cart Mitts from FJ and Titleist are similar. Titleist is waterproof whereas FJ offers a more water resistant play. I believe they both have that warming "fleece like" liner on the inside.

6 to one half-dozen the other really. I personally have the FJ ones in my trunk now. But if the conditions call for cart mitts... I may stay inside and eat chili!

Can't go wrong with either, obviously. Depends on what you're looking to spend/elements of play

Glad to hear that those Titleist are waterproof......Titleist does have the red fleece like liner on the inside.....just checked mine to make sure......thanks for the info....

•  

If I have to wear them chances are I am not playing!

•  

Come on, throw on a FJ wool sweater, the cart mitts, some cords and take a cool strool along the fariways.......helps kill the flu bug.......if that doesn't work, then you can always kill it with some Jameson's Irish..........keep a flask of that next to the gloves on the cold days...for good measure.....gotta keep the flu away.....

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Ooh no you don't Mr..... I recall you bagging on SoCal'ers for dogging the low 50s... Get out there and play Dev!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

so growing up in western PA, you played what, one maybe two weeks a year??

•  

TNT009
    Devin_GmitterIf I have to wear them chances are I am not playing!

Ooh no you don't Mr..... I recall you bagging on SoCal'ers for dogging the low 50s... Get out there and play Dev!

low 50s???  i'm still in shorts and possibly short sleeves in the low 50s!  the overnight low tonight is 29 with a windchill in the low 20s.  that's the kind of temps to make me consider not playing.

•  

TNT009

I will play  in the low 40s no question, for those cart mitts I feel it would have to be below that!

•  

50s, I'm looking like a black polar bear, bundled to hilt.. Luckily FJ has warm cushy gear!

•  

tdogg21

so growing up in western PA, you played what, one maybe two weeks a year??

Very true, in college we had several tournaments with snow flurries! I don't miss that aspect of it, if I only had a FJ Performance Lined sweaters then it would of been far more enjoyable!

•  

Those sweater are all you'll really need.... They're worth weight in platinum! Just gotta keep darn moths away!

•  

TNT009

Those sweater are all you'll really need.... They're worth weight in platinum! Just gotta keep darn moths away!

I've only worn mine once during a frost delay. After we started playing I had to change to something lighter. Hard to find a day cold enough in San Diego to wear a Performance Sweater!