Forums

No Ironing for new shirts?

•  

Find this interesting how many of the guys do their own shirts.  That's a good thing.  I have been married for 36 years (this time) and have always done my own laundry..........am very particular about my things (was in retail business for 12 years).......never even thought of asking my wife to do my laundry........dress shirts and slacks go to dry cleaners...........FJ shirts hold up well with proper washing and drying settings......mine do not wrinkle.....and I do not hang them on regular wire shirt hangars.....

• 2712 points

My golf shirts go right from the washing machine to the old fashioned folding clothes dryer in the basement. If hung up soon after the wash is done there is no  need to put them in a hot dryer.

•  

A great advantage of my FJ shirts is that don't need to iron it.

•  

Completely agree.  My FJ shirts, as well as any other brand golf shirts I have, are washed and dried, then hung in my closet.  No problems.

•  

i wash them and then hang them up to dry.  no issues and no wrinkles.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I would be careful with an iron. These shirts are a synthetic and excessive heat could potentially damage them.

If mine have a few wrinkles I throw them in the dryer with a damp towel for ten minutes.

I do fold and stack mine. I would rather have wrinkles then hanger impressions in the shoulders.

you need better hangers.  make sure they aren't the ones with indents for tank tops.

•  

I don't iron mine. They go from the washer to the hanger and they dry wrinkle free :-)

•  

I don't iron mine. They go from the washer to the hanger and they dry wrinkle free :-)

•  

I would have to ask my wife how she does it.  All I have to do is take them off the hanger and put them off.  They always look good.

•  

Bob,  I almost in your boat.  I put them on the hanger then take them off.

• 4913 points

We do all of our wash and line dry but there are always a few wrinkles.  Certainly not as many with the "technical" fabrics vs. cotton but still a few. One thing I've found is that if you smooth it out with your hand when it's still a bit damp it looks pretty darn good. However, many times I don't have the luxury of hanging around with my laundry.

•  

Having a number of FJ logoed shirts, I have found that they do not need any touching up as you put it. I dry all  mine on low heat and they come out wrinkle free. They are hung up immediately and I always button up the top button on each shirt and that takes care of any problems that might exist after hanging. If you are tempted to use an iron on these new fabrics. you could melt the cloth or leave an iron mark on it. If you do decide to try the iron, the best bet is to use a warm iron with a wet or very damp cloth over the specific area of the collar and just press iron on for a few seconds (not more than 4 ) and remove and hang up the shirt. While not doing this on my shirts, I have done this to many trousers and never experienced any scorching of the new materials that are present in all the clothing now on the market.

• 1680 points

I lightly dry an then hang them  while there is slight moisture in them.

• 4913 points

okay, okay, okay‚Ķi won't iron.  ;)

• 1393 points

yeah, just wash em, dry, and either fold them or hang them on a wide wooden hangar. please, no metal wire hangers.