Forums

rain Pants

•  

i wear 36 waist in FJ products and i went with XL.  but that was mainly for the length.  they have some room to go one way or the other if needed.

• 2635 points

Thank you all for your insight and comments,  this is why the FJ community is great to be apart of.  Oh and I was looking at and only considering FJ rain pants which say they have a 5 inch velcro piece for easy adjustability.  I am short with a short inseam of less than 30".  

• 2795 points

I am "round but vertically challenged" and find that the elastic waistband pants in my normal size work just fine. I just have the length shortened.

•  

Pony
    Thank you all for your insight and comments,  this is why the FJ community is great to be apart of.  Oh and I was looking at and only considering FJ rain pants which say they have a 5 inch velcro piece for easy adjustability.  I am short with a short inseam of less than 30".

How much less then 30? I had mine hemmed to right around 30 and still have a little bit of room to go shorter.  I'm 5'11 but got really short legs!

•  

ChuckZ
    Chris92009Good info...I would add that if you prefer a looser feel to go up one size than the pant size your wear.  I have done this since I prefer something that gives me more room as a "big" guy...no jokes about my weight! LOL

Another big guy here, Chris.....6'2"....245.....under my high school weight......but the pants are bigger than 1964......ha...ha... congratulations Tim Tiger on club championships......

I wish I could say I was under my High School weight!!! Good going!

• 2635 points

I am 5'6"- 5'7" and pants are generally size 29 length.  So it sounds like the pants will work with shortening.  I have to find a local store to try on a pair.  And for rain pants worn over other pants 30" should work heck maybe even 31"  as wearing them over something may take up the slack.  Thanks.  

•  

Chris92009
    ChuckZChris92009Good info...I would add that if you prefer a looser feel to go up one size than the pant size your wear.  I have done this since I prefer something that gives me more room as a "big" guy...no jokes about my weight! LOL

Another big guy here, Chris.....6'2"....245.....under my high school weight......but the pants are bigger than 1964......ha...ha... congratulations Tim Tiger on club championships......

I would have to lose limbs to get under my HS weight.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Chris92009
    ChuckZChris92009Good info...I would add that if you prefer a looser feel to go up one size than the pant size your wear.  I have done this since I prefer something that gives me more room as a "big" guy...no jokes about my weight! LOL

I would have to lose limbs to get under my HS weight.

Just don't cut off any of your hair to lose weight, that would be tragic! :-)

• 5366 points

Great thread! I've been wondering about sizing of rain pains for sometime.

I think I have a pair that probably would be baggy on me if I were my high school weight :) Somehow, I never use them yet they are buried in my bag!