Forums

rain Pants

• 2377 points

I was curious if people purchase their rain pants in a larger size than their normal pants size or are the cut to be worn over pants/  for example if one has a 33-34 waist say should they purchase rain pants in large which is 36 - 38 waist or the 32 - 34 waist? ALso it says the length is adjustable.  I assume a tailor can do that and not affect any of the waterproof capability>  

•  

I have 2 pair and they are the size I ware so I would say go with the size you ware.

• 4131 points

I bought a L. I have a 35" waist. They fit over whatever I am wearing. I normally buy a 30 inseam. I did not have the rain pants hemmed.

I bought the HydroLight series. If it is raining harder than what they will stop I need to be doing something else. If I know it is going to be a raining day I don't wear shorts or pants under them. If it a cool windy day I wear a base layer under them for warmth. I wear them a lot in the cooler months here.

•  

I own two rain suits.  Most pants are adjustable, so I would recommend ordering the same size you normally wear.  You can adjust up or down and I feel you will be ok.....I have never had a problem......Most lengths come in 30, 32, 34......have not found the lengths to be adjustable......you can tighten them around you ankles, if that is what they mean......Quality rain gear, such a FJ will fit well and you will be happy with it.....I would recommend trying it on before purchasing it, if in doubt.......if ordering on line, go to a store that carrys it, try it on, then order it.....it will make you feel better.....cz    

•  

I've got the DryJoy Performance Light rain pants in L.  They slip on over my 38 in. waist shorts/slacks without any problem.  I would suggest you go with the FJ recommendation for sizing and enjoy being dry in wet conditions.

• 34 points

I bought my pants to my waist size and they fit perfectly.

• 1123 points

I have a pair that are perfect fit and are the same size as the pants I wear.  Nice and roomy with good coverage on the length.  And I just ordered a new pair of pants and a jacket since mine are both four or five years old.  

•  

I would advise getting the same size rain pants, they feature some elastic in the waist to expand over pants or shorts.  

•  

Good info...I would add that if you prefer a looser feel to go up one size than the pant size your wear.  I have done this since I prefer something that gives me more room as a "big" guy...no jokes about my weight! LOL

•  

Yes what Devin said.  They account for fitting over pants.  I wear 38 and have Large rain pants

•  

I wore my FJ Premiere rain pants in the Club Championship all weekend.  It was cold and windy early then warmed up a bit so I could zip off the bottoms and wear the shorts version.  Excellent product.

TT

•  

Which he won, by the way. Congrats to Tim Tiger, another club champion in our community!

• 34 points

There is a shorts version???

Ugh!!!!!

•  

No jokes but - 

Just like your putter grip!

•  

Chris92009
    Good info...I would add that if you prefer a looser feel to go up one size than the pant size your wear.  I have done this since I prefer something that gives me more room as a "big" guy...no jokes about my weight! LOL

Another big guy here, Chris.....6'2"....245.....under my high school weight......but the pants are bigger than 1964......ha...ha... congratulations Tim Tiger on club championships......