Forums

PRESIDENTS CUP FASHIONS

•  

Well Sunday was just another blah day in the fashion stakes IMHO.

Overall I was pretty dissapointed and unispired by the fashions this week ... especially considering they can pick whatever they want.

Oh well, at least there was some great FJ shoes to complement the lacklustre clothing.

•  

Companies bid big bucks for the privilege of dressing the teams, and the captain typically has a lot of input in the actual outfits. So TaylorMade/Adidas/Ashworth put up the best sponsor package, and Freddy probably had a lot to say about what they actually wore.

Not every company bids or is invited to bid on the clothing. Devin or Chris will have to say whether FJ was included, and keep in mind that FJ has only been in the head-to-toe apparel business for a short time.  

Though we all know the teams could have used FJ rain gear in other competitions/other years.

•  

Now that you mention it that makes sense since Fred has been a long time paid endorser of Ashworth..your right though...the rain gear would have come in very handy!  It rained buckets all weekend in particular, we brought our FJ gear to the tournament and stayed dry!!  

•  

Looking at the shoes that were on the boys, I have to say, I noticed many more pairs of FJ's on the feet than others.  Certainly loved to see the new DNA's on many of them.  Look great, and certainly validated themselves in the weather they were experiencing out there.  These are going to take off like rockets once their on the shelf's.

•  

Overall, I felt that the International's had a better, more cultivated look -- nice patterns and colours. That said, I think the outfits of the American WAG's were stellar.

•  

I for one didn't think the USA outfits were that horrible. There were the proper amounts of Red and Navy, paired with whites and greys to give some balance to the pairings.

It's tough to put together a weeks worth of outfits when your scheme has the inherent limitations. That's why things go awry as they do, when folsk try to do too much. Simple works best sometimes, so you have to go with it.

For a guy who's as laid back as he is, and with Asst. Captains as old school like DL III and Jay Haas, I thought Freddy did a fine job.

•  

I agree with Randy.  I thought the uniforms were fine.  It's hard to get too crazy with red, white and blue color limitations.  I did like Dufner's red, white and blue shield tips.  

Simple is good when it comes to uniforms.  After that hideous shirt from the 1999 Ryder Cup, I would think that the US team learned that lesson.

•  

I thought they were fine. I thought the looks were pretty classic and looked great. I understand trying to look flashy or unique at times but that is not what team competition is all about.

• 3348 points

I love the grey and red theme the US went with on Sunday, the Internationals looked great as well over the weekend The yelllow and blue mix was very sharp in my opinion.

• 2801 points

Tar Heel
    I for one didn't think the USA outfits were that horrible. There were the proper amounts of Red and Navy, paired with whites and greys to give some balance to the pairings.

It's tough to put together a weeks worth of outfits when your scheme has the inherent limitations. That's why things go awry as they do, when folsk try to do too much. Simple works best sometimes, so you have to go with it.

For a guy who's as laid back as he is, and with Asst. Captains as old school like DL III and Jay Haas, I thought Freddy did a fine job.

Agree Wholeheartedly. And SHoe choices as far as brands are usually left to the individual and his contracts so it was nice to see the FJ's -- FJ has a good stable of top players on board.