Forums

Dryjoy Performance vs Goretex

•  

I would like to see a comparison of FJ outer wear to Gore Tex. I personally have found  FJ to be more comfortable especially when being physically active IE; walking up a steep hill. The Gore Tex seems to me to be hotter and a little less breathable.

I would love to hear the staff comment on this.

•  

Agree completely bholley...the DryJoy stuff is so nice to wear and protects while it performs whereas the Gore Tex is sometimes uncomfortable along with very hot.

•  

Tough comparison for me.  The only issues I have with rain gear is the exact purpose of it.  Keeping moisture from gettin inside... the problem with that is it keeps moisture from going out!  Those things can turn into a pond if you are wearing them is semi-warm weather.  Little breathability even if you leave the zipper on the ankles open, maybe some mesh lining with a "lid" (much like what Adidas did with their pants) would be in order since rain usually doesn't travel from the ground up!

•  

That's a no brianer. The only time I wore Gortex type clothing was when I was ice fishing. FJ shirts and those of similar make and fabric are far superior for the active golfer on warm days. They definitely are more breatheable

•  

first hand experience today with this exact question.  started my round with the short sleeve FJ windshirt when allowed my body to breath and not cause me to sweat too much and still kept the cool wind away from my body.  after finishing golf today, went shopping and threw on a sleeveless gore tex wind shirt I had in the trunk of the car, by the time I finished my running around I was sweating and the heat was being kept in by the gore tex shirt versus.

Winner winner chicken dinner -- DryJoy windshirt