Forums

IJP Design coming out with womens line.

• 4178 points

Market looks pretty crowded now.

•  

Of course, it's apparel. There are always those coming and going, because it's an ever evolving space. And when a range has gotten some critical mass, extensions occur. This is the case with IJP.

I'm sure Golf Chick would prefer FJ to be growing their product assortment first though! But as one who has invested quite a bit in IJP, I will say their quality, style, fit, feel, and finish is fantastic. Never been disappointed, nor have any of the other FJA that I know use the products.

•  

The market IS crowded, but Ian is the King of Plaid. If he can get the fit right -- which is the toughest part in any women's line -- it will be a huge success. Here's one of the slacks: 

• 3709 points

Yep IJP is definite quality.  My wife has found in the past that from a fit perspective (for her) the Nike gear is the best.  I'm hoping IJP can pick some of that up for her.

•  

Nice lines and a great looking plaid pant....love the color combination....with mix well.....cz  : )

•  

I love the IJP line and my wife being Scottish is looking forward to the release of the lakes line.  From what I have seen it looks great.

By the way, they are TARTAN not plaid!

•  

I love the IJP line and my wife being Scottish is looking forward to the release of the ladies line.  From what I have seen it looks great.

•  

I love the IJP line and my wife being Scottish is looking forward to the release of the ladies line.  From what I have seen it looks great.

•  

Tartan, plaid, or window pane are more dificult to construct because special attention has to be paid to the side seam matching. Normally women's tailoring pales in comparison to men's so these will probably be priced on the super high end.

Will there be enough volume to substain the line?

• 4178 points

The actor on the golf commercial that is in plaid pants is an attractive women who is proportionate. Plaid makes her look ...ah ....bottom heavy. IMHO. They would have to be a very subtle plaid...anything loud would be out.

•  

bholley
    Tartan, plaid, or window pane are more dificult to construct because special attention has to be paid to the side seam matching. Normally women's tailoring pales in comparison to men's so these will probably be priced on the super high end.

Will there be enough volume to substain the line?

i was wondering that as well.  i think it's more likely a guy would were IJP trousers to an office before a woman would.  but i would assume IJP did some market research before deciding to go this route.  maybe markets are different overseas.

• 3299 points

This is quote from Poulter is funny. Especially after he "played" the lady in the MasterCard commercial:

Ian Poulter, said:

“It’s important to have a panel of female golfers testing the new ladies capsule collection. I sample the men’s range and feedback my style and design ideas before it goes into production, but there’s only so much I can contribute to the ladies range unless I start wearing skorts!"