Forums

preparing for fall golf

•  

Adam62482
    I love that sweater!

How much did you pay?

i forget exactly what i paid, but i think it was 90 or 100.  but i was also buying some shoes and by adding the sweater i saved $10 on the shipping.  so i looked at it like i got a $10 discount on the sweater.

•  

Those are fabulous sweaters. And the Bar Harbor Collection has been one of my favorites.

• 3718 points

I'm looking forward to a very cold and snowy winter.  I could use a long season of snowboarding!  I'll miss my golf though :)

Fortunately my instructor is finally finding an indoor facility and getting his hands on a flightscope in order to do some work all winter long.  So I'll get to stretch the golf muscles out a bit :)

•  

golfchick

Shouldn't you be buying formula and diapers?

we buy in bulk in our house!  2 kids in diapers makes things interesting.

Tim, you did it wrong.  You needed to get the first potty trained before jumping back in!  :-)

•  

Tar Heel
    Those are fabulous sweaters. And the Bar Harbor Collection has been one of my favorites.

Agree, I want one of the Raspberry and Navy sweaters......keeping my eyes open...for the fall shipment....cz  :  )

•  

tdogg21
    TNT009A vest and pants are all ill need in San Diego!

yeah, yeah.....don't remind me.  and they're calling for a cold and wet winter for us this year.  debating on if i need to spend some of my golf money on a snowblower.

How about buying a ticket to SoCal and get in a few rounds with me, Don and Randy!

•  

tdogg21
    TNT009A vest and pants are all ill need in San Diego!

yeah, yeah.....don't remind me.  and they're calling for a cold and wet winter for us this year.  debating on if i need to spend some of my golf money on a snowblower.

Tim - I don't think FJ makes a snowblower...yet...

• 1763 points

Love that Argyle style...looking sharp!

• 2947 points

Felt like Fall Golf today in SE MA. It was in the upper 50's, very windy-16 to 20MPH, and the colored leaves were blowing around the course. On the other hand, it felt great to walk 18 and not have the oppressive heat and humidity wearing me down. Did someone say SNOW! Hey, I thought four-letter swear words got bleeped.

• 2397 points

great sweater I own three if it is the lined windproof one.

•  

Justinu3
    golfchick

Shouldn't you be buying formula and diapers?

we buy in bulk in our house!  2 kids in diapers makes things interesting.

Tim, you did it wrong.  You needed to get the first potty trained before jumping back in!  :-)

well.....that was the original plan.  but in reality, if you're going to change one diaper, you might as well change two.

•  

ToddL
    tdogg21TNT009A vest and pants are all ill need in San Diego!

after looking at some long term forecasts, a FJ snowblower might be the closest i get to a golf product for quite a while!

• 4647 points

ToddL
    tdogg21TNT009A vest and pants are all ill need in San Diego!

I go through the snowblower debate annually and...never pull the trigger. Living on Cape Cod, winter can be a snowless affair though the last couple of winters have been anything but snowless. In the case of snow, get out early and DIG. Strengthen those core muscles, practice that turn as you toss another 50 pounds of precipitate off of the driveway...an hour later, you've had your workout for the day. Of course you get all this done before daylight has graced the dawn in below freezing temps as you are trying to open a path for the car so you can get to work!

OR

Maybe I should look into that life in San Diego....

• 1135 points

I am ready for Fall/Winter golf season here in Oklahoma.  I put in my FJ order for a set of FJ Tour XP jacket and pants.  Should be at the course I work at in one week.  Ready to put this gear to good use and answer all the questions about where to get it.  

•  

pistolpete
    ToddLtdogg21TNT009A vest and pants are all ill need in San Diego!

I go through the snowblower debate annually and...never pull the trigger. Living on Cape Cod, winter can be a snowless affair though the last couple of winters have been anything but snowless. In the case of snow, get out early and DIG. Strengthen those core muscles, practice that turn as you toss another 50 pounds of precipitate off of the driveway...an hour later, you've had your workout for the day. Of course you get all this done before daylight has graced the dawn in below freezing temps as you are trying to open a path for the car so you can get to work!

OR

Maybe I should look into that life in San Diego....

i pulled the trigger and picked up a store used model from Home Depot.  it's a big snow-blower i picked up cheap. last winter i didn't need it, but everyone is saying this winter could be bad.  i figured better safe than sorry.