Forums

Pleats

• 5047 points

golfchick
    As a matter of fact, pleats at the waistline make you look like you weigh more. That should scare everybody off.

Huh -- I never heard that before. As I've commented before, I really saw the difference in more formal wear between pleats and flat fronts: American Suits were flat fronts; European Suits were tailored/pleated.  

As someone who was taller/slimmer pleats looked good on me where whereas flat fronts never quite worked -- made me look too square.  But as my waistline grew, pleated pants certainly made me look wider.

• 5047 points

bholley

I am happy you were a district manager with ten years of experience. But my wife who has over 40 years of experience in garment designY ) ***even has a couple of patents) fabric manufacturing and sourcing says it is a color not a fabric. The color khaki was started in India in the 1800's. Somehow somewhere people got snookered into looking at it is a fabric. I believe Levi's uses some sort of brushed twill (note it is called twill) for what they erroneously call khaki slacks. I lay the blame for the improper usage of khaki solely on the marketing monkeys department at Levi.

But I could be wrong it might be somebody else's monkeys er department.

So in Hindi/Urdu khaki just describes a colour -- dusty.

I suppose it was like camouflage clothes, it hides the dirt and thus became the defacto colour for military and service/out door labourers.  Over time it seems that the colour name was just adopted in the English language to represent the clothes.

Even today you will rarely see a "professional" wearing this colour pant or suit in India.

• 313 points

Pleats are more comfortable for me.  I have been around long enough to see styles come and go, just a matter of time.

•  

Styles are cyclic.......

•  

ChuckZ
    Styles are cyclic.......

Hopefully it's a 200 year cycle.

•  

OK, we have a 6 page, 80 post thread about pleats. That's pretty exciting. Should we debate trouser break over your shoes now? :-)

•  

Or slits on side of pants.... Wear what you like!

•  

golferdrmjr
    OK, we have a 6 page, 80 post thread about pleats. That's pretty exciting. Should we debate trouser break over your shoes now? :-)

PLEASE!

• 5059 points

Devin_Gmitter
    golferdrmjrOK, we have a 6 page, 80 post thread about pleats. That's pretty exciting. Should we debate trouser break over your shoes now? :-)  PLEASE!

I did not want to be the first to bring that up. Now that you mention it. I would like to have golf trousers that have the side "splits" at the ankle so that you get a good break over your shoes. I see them on "Tour" but I can't find any in any for sale in the retail space.

•  

Any tailor can add it, have it on my most of my FJ pants.

MarkWDallasTx
    Devin_GmittergolferdrmjrOK, we have a 6 page, 80 post thread about pleats. That's pretty exciting. Should we debate trouser break over your shoes now? :-)  PLEASE!

I did not want to be the first to bring that up. Now that you mention it. I would like to have golf trousers that have the side "splits" at the ankle so that you get a good break over your shoes. I see them on "Tour" but I can't find any in any for sale in the retail space.

• 5059 points

That would require effort on my part. I was hoping to simply buy them.

I have a good tailor. I will run a couple of pair by to have them altered.

Thanks for the information.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Any tailor can add it, have it on my most of my FJ pants. MarkWDallasTxDevin_GmittergolferdrmjrOK, we have a 6 page, 80 post thread about pleats. That's pretty exciting. Should we debate trouser break over your shoes now? :-)  PLEASE!

That is great, I did not realize my tailor can add it...awesome!

•  

I have some pants made by AUR that come with the splits.  They are a great quality product and I got them at a great discount.  Also have some Dunning pants that are good.None of them compare to the FJ product in my opinion.  But we just have to have them tailored to get the split.  Plus they are next to impossible to find on sale. ;)

TT

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    golferdrmjrOK, we have a 6 page, 80 post thread about pleats. That's pretty exciting. Should we debate trouser break over your shoes now? :-)  PLEASE!

How about which side to dress?

Perhaps it would be better addressed on the thread about ball balance

• 2507 points

MarkWDallasTx
    That would require effort on my part. I was hoping to simply buy them.

I have a good tailor. I will run a couple of pair by to have them altered.

Thanks for the information.

Try this --- www.golflocker.com/golf-apparel/mens-golf-shorts-pants.html?menuid=77  the first few pants have the slits at the hem.