Forums

Pleats

• 5065 points

Any chance we could get pants and shorts with pleats?  Could FJ offer both options?

•  

I don't see us doing pleats anytime soon, they should stay in the closet.

•  

I still have a few pants and shorts with pleats.  I do use them once in a while.  I find my self wearing more flat fronts.

What I have my eye on are long pants with splits on the sides.  I have had 5 pants tailored and they are great with Icons/MyJoys.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Amen ! ! !

• 5065 points

Devin_Gmitter

I have two points here.

A. Sell what customers want.

B. Fashion trends come and go.

I prefer to spend my golf attire dollars on FJ products; but occasionally the selection does suit my eye. Competition is good.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    Devin_GmitterI don't see us doing pleats anytime soon, they should stay in the closet.

I have two points here.

A. Sell what customers want.

B. Fashion trends come and go.

I prefer to spend my golf attire dollars on FJ products; but occasionally the selection does suit my eye. Competition is good.

At the current moment, more people want flat fronts and we don't believe it is simply a trend. There is a small niche that still wants to wear pleats but it is by no means the majority.

•  

Not a fan of pleats, so I am glad that FootJoy doesn't offer them in the apparel line.

•  

Agree with you on this...Will FJ offer pants in the US with the splits on the lower cuff at some point?  

I just think it highligths the shoes even more and makes the pants look a bit sharper.

•  

No pleats for me. Makes my legs look even shorter than they already are, half the time shorts are like high waters on me.

•  

I'm with you on that thought.

•  

Agree, gave my pleated pants/shorts to Goodwill....sorry to be so negative about pleats....plain fronts are more flatering to us who are more mature....cz

•  

I like a pleat. Don't have the waistline anymore to wear flat fronts.  I also think they are more comfortable.  Don't have to impress anyone but me.

•  

All my pleated pants/shorst are long gone.

Don't get me wrong ... I had heaps of the pleated and cuffed pants when they were fashionable and must admit when the flat front came into vogue I was a bit sceptical but now I have a wardrobe full of them too.

So happy to keep wearing them for a while yet.

But accept it can be frustrating not to be able to get exactly what you want MWD.

Like the split sides too and it would be cool if they were introduced by FJ ... and it could even be a point of difference from some of the other brands out there.

• 5065 points

Plain fronts are like brown suits. They are all the rage for a brief period then they disappear for 20 years.

I will stick with my pleats and navy suits.

• 819 points

No pleats for this guy.