Forums

GOLF SPECIFIC COMPRESSION GARMENTS

•  

With Footjoy technology I would love to see a line of compression garments with moisture wicking properties such as boxer or bicycle shorts, and long for cold weather. Tops that would be designed by golfers for golfers. From what I understand there is a lot of shoddy fabric passed along as having these properties and not living up to their claims

I believe golfers would be more than willing to the extra money to have the Footjoy quality.

•  

I totally agree - UnderArmour does a pretty good job but it can lack some flexibility in the right places for golf.  Mine is older though, so maybe they've already worked that out?  Any have any clothes like this that they think works really well?

•  

Welch222

I totally agree - UnderArmour does a pretty good job but it can lack some flexibility in the right places for golf.  Mine is older though, so maybe they've already worked that out?  Any have any clothes like this that they think works really well?

Not sure about shorts, but Nike makes a great long sleeve shirt that i wear under my golf polo when it is cold in Wisconsin (Basically April, May, Sept, Oct). It really move well and keeps you nice and warm.

•  

I agree.  Some of the compression stuff that I've worn is very binding and can be annoying when trying to swing. 

•  

Dunning makes a pretty good line of compression garments. Some of it is private labeled for the Titleist Performance Center. They offer it for sale on-line.

• 4775 points

I have tried Under Armour compression garmets and found them to be very restrictive.  Personally I am not really a fan of these for golf.

•  

Good discussion. I am a pretty passionate Under Armour guy, and haven't found their stuff to be too constricting. For me, the sleeveless compression heat gear helps keep my back warm all year. In the fall the cold gear is truly toasty and like a second skin.

All this said, if someone really spent time developing a "golf specific" line of items, I'd be all over them. Heck, it was only in the low 60's here in Michigan this weekend, so I'll be using more gear soon. Dang!

•  

I would agree that UnderArmor is somewhat restrictive. I usually wear a loosely woven long sleeved cotton shirt, one size too big, under my short sleeve shirt in the cooler weather. This allows easier movement for me when swinging and doesn't constrct my movements. It also acts  as a wicking material if it does get warmer plus it keepd my back and arms warm. 

•  

I have to say, while I love FJ I think entering the compression line would be a mistake, I am an under armour player and they have come great strides with their golf line, and golf specific compression, heat and cold gear, I just think with UA as the leader and Nike, Addidas and others that do compression that it would be a marketing mistake for FJ

•  

cwaybright

I have to say, while I love FJ I think entering the compression line would be a mistake, I am an under armour player and they have come great strides with their golf line, and golf specific compression, heat and cold gear, I just think with UA as the leader and Nike, Addidas and others that do compression that it would be a marketing mistake for FJ

Hey if it is OK I would like to respectfully disagree. I play a good bit in colder weather plus walk the dog every morning (and I mean every morning) for 3 miles so I have used these under garments quite a bit. Plus I trained for marathons when these products first hit the market. That said UA has done a wonderful marketing job however their compression fabric is not proprietary. Meaning you can get the same stuff at walmart except no UA logo. I think FJ has the resources, technology to build a better product.

You do make a very good point but I think  FJ can bring something better to the market place

•  

I'd love to see FJ jump into the compression long sleeve shirt market.

Being from Michigan this extra layer of warm clothing would be much appreciated.

I tend to golf almost all year long - as long as there is no snow on the ground - so staying warm is important.  As any good outdoorsman knows...layers keep you warmest so starting with a nice warm compression shirt by FJ would allow me to build outward from there.

•  

Mondo

I'd love to see FJ jump into the compression long sleeve shirt market.

Being from Michigan this extra layer of warm clothing would be much appreciated.

I tend to golf almost all year long - as long as there is no snow on the ground - so staying warm is important.  As any good outdoorsman knows...layers keep you warmest so starting with a nice warm compression shirt by FJ would allow me to build outward from there.

+1 from Ohio

•  

After talking with a couple friends, I ordered some of the TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) garments.  They have compression shorts and a compression "mock".  I will let you know what I think of their boxers after I give them a test run for a couple rounds/practice sessions. 

I did not go for the mock, but if someone is looking for a nice compression mock, it might be something to look at.

http://www.mytpi.com/store/do/products/category?key=apparel

•  

I have one of the mock tops and it is every bit as good as the UnderArmour one that I have.