Forums

First round up North

• 2490 points

Thursday heading to Illinois to play first round of golf in Midwest.  temps will be mid 50 as a high late afternoon.  I am alset with a FJ baselayer , golf shirt and then a FJ 1/2 zip performance lined argyle sweater.  That should keep me warm.  And breaking in my new FJ icons that arrived last week.  (prior year Asyms) in black/ brown.  Looking forward to the day and kicking off season.

•  

Whoooo hooooo!  My club opens Saturday and I can't wait. We're rolling with a shotgun 9am start. I've been lucky to play some awesome courses already this season, but you know what they say, there's no place like home!

•  

Hope you have a great day Pony, certainly sounds like you'll be covered in FJ. Hope you get plenty of compliments.

•  

Has been raining all week here.  Will be in the 70's all weekend though.  Tee em high and let em fly.

TT

•  

Play well and hope the wind stays calm.  Good luck, hit em straight

•  

it's suppose to warm up this weekend so i might be able to find some time to get out there.  hopefully the warmer weather is here to stay.  it snowed yesterday while i was out running.  i'm done with that.

•  

Where you heading Pony? Course selection?

You'll be plenty warnm with that choice of apparel, maybe too warm. The sweater and base is nearly enough if you keep the sweater on.

Play well. Enjoy the round. Illinois has some great courses and wonderful golfing venues.

• 4180 points

This weekend is going to be mid 50s for us and we're seeing more and more courses start to open up finally.  The conditions aren't great (we've had snow right through this week so no chance to work on the courses) but it's always nice to get a few rounds in and get the body loosened up in the early season.  Especially when the rates are always lower!

•  

Pony

Looking forward to the day and kicking off season.

I'd say that's a "good-good", Pony!

Enjoy both your day and kick off season.

• 2781 points

Hope you had a good round in all that FJ!

• 2490 points

Tar Heel
    Where you heading Pony? Course selection?

You'll be plenty warnm with that choice of apparel, maybe too warm. The sweater and base is nearly enough if you keep the sweater on.

Play well. Enjoy the round. Illinois has some great courses and wonderful golfing venues.

played Whisper Creek near Huntley IL.  Closest open course to Wisconsin.  Good day.  CLothes worked well with the wind and 55 degrees.  Several my playing partners asked about the sweater.  The new icons were not even noticable to me being first time wearing them.  usually have worn DryJoys so these were a step up and no breakin required.  

•  

77 today and 72 tomorrow.  Looks to be an awesome weekend here in gods country.

TT

•  

Well it was 49* and windy, but my FJ kept me warm.  Either way, it feels great to be home.

•  

Pony
    Tar HeelWhere you heading Pony? Course selection?

played Whisper Creek near Huntley IL.  Closest open course to Wisconsin.  Good day.  CLothes worked well with the wind and 55 degrees.  Several my playing partners asked about the sweater.  The new icons were not even noticable to me being first time wearing them.  usually have worn DryJoys so these were a step up and no breakin required.

Know the area quite well Pony. If you're still there, try Crystal Woods Golf Club in Crystal Lake. Its on Hwy 47 at 176. Classic track with great greens and some challenging holes, especially if the wind comes from the North. It was the track I learned to play golf on back in the day and is owned by some great long time friends of mine...