Forums

Noticed something with the base layer when I was watching the match play

•  

The Tour guys get contrasting so that FJ stands out.  It's about branding and getting the logo on TV is a big deal.  I doubt we'll see that for us.

•  

I noticed this on a few of the players.  I have the blue base layer and the FJ logo is blue, very hard to see.  I would certainly like to see it in white.  I did like the white with the black FJ logo and I may be making this one up, but maybe a black one with a white logo looked good too.

Have to do some research on these and see if they are avaliaible.

• 640 points

FJ is utilizing the tv exposure of it's staffers.  In addition to the contrasting "FJ" on the base layer sleeve, the "FJ" on the back of the neck(on polos) are contrasting as well.  It won't be noticed from the match play as it was chilly, but take a look in upcoming tournaments.  

•  

I noticed the contrast FJ on the baselayer at the Accenture WMP Tourney as well on Stricker however I like the fact it blends in on my pieces and is tone on tone....IMHO

•  

Justinu3
    The Tour guys get contrasting so that FJ stands out.  It's about branding and getting the logo on TV is a big deal.  I doubt we'll see that for us.

i understand why they do it for the tour guys, but why not also do it for everyone?  the more the logo stands out the more people see it.  i would guess there are still a lot of people out there who don't realize FJ makes apparel.

•  

I like the contrasting on the base, I too have noticed the contrasting FJ on the polos, and again its all about making that FJ stand out on TV.  Its pretty cool to take the time and pay attention when watching tournaments to see how much FJ stuff you can point out, lots of guys wearing the shoes and gloves that are branded with other companies, really speaks to the high standard that FJ has set

•  

tdogg21
    Justinu3The Tour guys get contrasting so that FJ stands out.  It's about branding and getting the logo on TV is a big deal.  I doubt we'll see that for us.

i understand why they do it for the tour guys, but why not also do it for everyone?  the more the logo stands out the more people see it.  i would guess there are still a lot of people out there who don't realize FJ makes apparel.

It's placement could be distracting which may cause some to not buy the base layer.

•  

Devin, I agree...if it was a contrast color being that it is on the wrist area as I look down at the club it may not be a good area to make a product logo statement.  Thanks as always for your insights and posts!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    tdogg21Justinu3The Tour guys get contrasting so that FJ stands out.  It's about branding and getting the logo on TV is a big deal.  I doubt we'll see that for us.

It's placement could be distracting which may cause some to not buy the base layer.

completely makes sense.  it wouldn't bother me, but i can understand where someone might not like it.