Forums

FJ Buckle

•  

tdogg21

golferdrmjr
    tdogg21

golferdrmjrtdogg21i'm guessing that even adding colors would raise the price.  being able to streamline things with just black and white probably helps keep overhead costs lower.Black and white for retail locations sure, but a MyJoys option would be excellent and would not impact overhead at retail sellers at all.

i was talking about overhead in production.  they will have to add more leather in more colors and i'm sure they would keep stock on hand.  and then if a color doesn't sell, it just sits there.  plus, depending on how the manufacturing is done, you would have additional production costs.  it would be similar to adding another paint color for a car.  it's not going to be a "free" upgrade.

I agree there would be more production costs, but if the MyJoy belts were made at the same location as the MyJoys shoes the leathers would already be there for the shoes. So no additional overhead cost there. I would not expect a free upgrade, but a nominal up-charge for the custom color should not stop many people from buying a MyJoys belt.

i agree with all you said.  that's why i was saying i expect there to be probably about a 20%-25% premium on a MyJoy belt, similar to the premium on MyJoy shoes.

The premium should not even be that high if you consider that the MSRP of an Icon is $260 and it's $300 for the MyJoys version. That's under 20%. Let's just hope it happens someday!

•  

golferdrmjr
    tdogg21

golferdrmjrtdogg21i'm guessing that even adding colors would raise the price.  being able to streamline things with just black and white probably helps keep overhead costs lower.Black and white for retail locations sure, but a MyJoys option would be excellent and would not impact overhead at retail sellers at all.

i was talking about overhead in production.  they will have to add more leather in more colors and i'm sure they would keep stock on hand.  and then if a color doesn't sell, it just sits there.  plus, depending on how the manufacturing is done, you would have additional production costs.  it would be similar to adding another paint color for a car.  it's not going to be a "free" upgrade.

I agree there would be more production costs, but if the MyJoy belts were made at the same location as the MyJoys shoes the leathers would already be there for the shoes. So no additional overhead cost there. I would not expect a free upgrade, but a nominal up-charge for the custom color should not stop many people from buying a MyJoys belt.

Unlikely the equipment for the belts is located at the same facility where shoes are produced. My guess, and this is strictly a guess, is that the belts are produced elsewhere. As an example, the swoosh brand belts are sold from a totally different division of their company. So there would be the cost of either shipping the leather to another facility by the leather source or by the shoe manufacturing facility. Scraps from the shoe facility would most likely not be the ideal cuts needed for belts.

Just sayin' - my dad was in the shoe business back when ladies' shoes were made in the US.

•  

There are some options out there for other colors.

•  

You're probably right Chris, but one can only hope. My thought was that the leather arrived in bigger sheets that allowed belts to be cut from one of the sides. No need to use scraps that way.  

•  

Go Hokies

There are some options out there for other colors.

No doubt there are options out there Bobby. But if you want a Pearl Lizard or Lilac Lizard belt to match your MyJoys it's much harder to find.

•  

It's possible; however, most belts made for the US market use a different type of clasp.  You could order a DRUH belt in a long length and have it modified to work with the FJ buckle (although I would expect the DRUH would be a little bit thicker than the white or black FJ belt).

•  

It's not the buckle I'm worried about, it's the belt matching the print and color of the MyJoys Icons.  But thanks for the reply.

• 2781 points

Belt arrived today.  Even though I ordered a few other things I was most excited to get this.  Couldn't be happier and fits true to size.