Forums

FJ Buckle

•  

We don't need exotic leathers, just cowhide leather prints and colors like the ones on the Myjoys. There are already lots of places to spend a ton of money on exotic leathers.

•  

tdogg21
    i'm guessing that even adding colors would raise the price.  being able to streamline things with just black and white probably helps keep overhead costs lower.

Black and white for retail locations sure, but a MyJoys option would be excellent and would not impact overhead at retail sellers at all.

•  

Colors would make the Myjoys explode! I would love the option to rock an accent color belt with my Myjoys. I am sure they are seeing these posts and if it's possible and there is a market FJ will do their best.

•  

Now that i have one in hand, the buckle IS removable. It does not attach in the traditional way, it actually clamps onto the end of the belt. I will post pictures a bit later.

•  

golferdrmjr
    We don't need exotic leathers, just cowhide leather prints and colors like the ones on the Myjoys. There are already lots of places to spend a ton of money on exotic leathers.

\

Like the idea of prints and colors,Don.! .Another possible thought - Since the FJ Buckle clips on why not make the belt reversible so you gave two color options....As Whagl1 notes a coordinating belt would rock with a pair of MyJoys.....I say let the idea explode !!!!

•  

I personally could do without a MyJoys belt. When I walk up to the course, I want the attention on my game and my kicks, not my mid-section!

•  

dzabkar
    I personally could do without a MyJoys belt. When I walk up to the course, I want the attention on my game and my kicks, not my mid-section!

You're killing me DJ! :-)

•  

This is how the buckel is attached to the belt. FYI...the belt is 1 1/2" wide.

•  

golferdrmjr
    tdogg21i'm guessing that even adding colors would raise the price.  being able to streamline things with just black and white probably helps keep overhead costs lower.Black and white for retail locations sure, but a MyJoys option would be excellent and would not impact overhead at retail sellers at all.

i was talking about overhead in production.  they will have to add more leather in more colors and i'm sure they would keep stock on hand.  and then if a color doesn't sell, it just sits there.  plus, depending on how the manufacturing is done, you would have additional production costs.  it would be similar to adding another paint color for a car.  it's not going to be a "free" upgrade.

•  

19hole
    This is how the buckel is attached to the belt. FYI...the belt is 1 1/2" wide.

good to know!  thanks for posting.  i wonder how durable the clip is.  might be good for a couple changes, but maybe not constant changes??

•  

The clip appeared to be pretty strong from what I can tell.  Quality belt...

•  

tdogg21

golferdrmjr
    tdogg21i'm guessing that even adding colors would raise the price.  being able to streamline things with just black and white probably helps keep overhead costs lower.Black and white for retail locations sure, but a MyJoys option would be excellent and would not impact overhead at retail sellers at all.

i was talking about overhead in production.  they will have to add more leather in more colors and i'm sure they would keep stock on hand.  and then if a color doesn't sell, it just sits there.  plus, depending on how the manufacturing is done, you would have additional production costs.  it would be similar to adding another paint color for a car.  it's not going to be a "free" upgrade.

I agree there would be more production costs, but if the MyJoy belts were made at the same location as the MyJoys shoes the leathers would already be there for the shoes. So no additional overhead cost there. I would not expect a free upgrade, but a nominal up-charge for the custom color should not stop many people from buying a MyJoys belt.  

•  

Devo, if you still have any of those laying around............ just saying : )

•  

golferdrmjr
    tdogg21

golferdrmjrtdogg21i'm guessing that even adding colors would raise the price.  being able to streamline things with just black and white probably helps keep overhead costs lower.Black and white for retail locations sure, but a MyJoys option would be excellent and would not impact overhead at retail sellers at all.

I agree there would be more production costs, but if the MyJoy belts were made at the same location as the MyJoys shoes the leathers would already be there for the shoes. So no additional overhead cost there. I would not expect a free upgrade, but a nominal up-charge for the custom color should not stop many people from buying a MyJoys belt.

i agree with all you said.  that's why i was saying i expect there to be probably about a 20%-25% premium on a MyJoy belt, similar to the premium on MyJoy shoes.

•  

Got this FJ belt in this week.  Pretty cool.

TT