Forums

Footjoy Performance Base layer

•  

GTJacket8
    CROCMANDevin,

Any plans to have these made in short sleeve too?

I keep hoping they will come out with a warm weather short sleeve base layer for those of us that like to wear some sort of an undershirt...right now I'm having to wear a competitor's warm weather base layer but would MUCH rather have an FJ version.

Andrew, you make a good point - I'd also like to see the base layer in a slightly thicker version for cooler days that don't require a sweater. The current version still lets a lot of cool air through.

•  

I can't speak for all the FJA's, but I did not get one.  It was on my list of would like to haves, but I got socks and a sweater vest instead.  Truthfully, though, I find most base layers don't keep my arms warm enough, so I tend to wear a shirt, a merino wool sweater, and a jacket.  I'll add a sweater vest over the shirt and under the sweater or a sweatshirt over the sweater if the weather is cooler, or windier.  Stay nice and snug that way, just like in Rhode Island.

•  

I have a white one I just got.  Absolutely love it!  Fits great.  Looking to pick up the Black and Navy next!

•  

I have  2 navy , 3 white and 3 black. The best addition to my closet for golf here in the Northeast!

• 2781 points

One of my favorite FJ products.  I wear mine all the time on those cooler days.

• 787 points

Cool, what type of weather (ideal degrees) do you use a base layer for?  And, what do you wear over this base layer?   Can you wear a base layer and say a windbreaker in 45 degrees?  I hate to layer, because it restricts my golf swing.  But, no choice in very cold weather.  Where can I get one?

Thanks in advance!!

• 5067 points

This is a great FJ product - combine with a FJ wind shirt or a FJ shirt - Warm (for me) and a excellent product that doesn't feel at all bulky or constricting..

•  

The nice thing is the FJ one is designed to play golf in.  So they design the apparel for the golf swing.  I just got my first base layer after courses closed in Iowa.  I plan on wearing it under polos and under my performance sweater depending on the temp.

www.footjoy.com/.../Weather might help you decide.

•  

808HACKER
    Cool, what type of weather (ideal degrees) do you use a base layer for?  And, what do you wear over this base layer?   Can you wear a base layer and say a windbreaker in 45 degrees?  I hate to layer, because it restricts my golf swing.  But, no choice in very cold weather.  Where can I get one?

Thanks in advance!!

Just as it says.  It's a base layer.  I wear mine under my polos or sweaters to keep a thin warm layer .  It's easy to shed layers and stay comfortable.  

TT

•  

Devin -  Will these FJPBLs ever be available for us Girls ?

•  

girlsgotgolf
    Devin -  Will these FJPBLs ever be available for us Girls ?

Actually I believe they will be part of our Summer Fall collection - shoot me a pm and I will get you a ship date.

Best,

DG