Forums

Premiere Rain Pants

•  

Just picked up a pair of premiere rain pants off ebay.  i've been watching the auction for a week and no one bid.  i finally bid on them tonight.  someone else bid with 2 seconds to go (it was that users only bid ever, so that seemed a little shady), so that drove the price up some, but i still got them.  a little less than $130 shipped.

•  

tdogg21

Just picked up a pair of premiere rain pants off ebay.  i've been watching the auction for a week and no one bid.  i finally bid on them tonight.  someone else bid with 2 seconds to go (it was that users only bid ever, so that seemed a little shady), so that drove the price up some, but i still got them.  a little less than $130 shipped.

Hey tdogg, on eBay bidding in the last few seconds isn't shady. It's called sniping, and it's the smart method of buying. Figure out the maximum you want to pay and bid with about 10 seconds to go. You only pay a small amount over the next lowest bid or it sells for more than you wanted to pay anyway. No sense running up the bids before it ends.

•  

Good for you

•  

tdogg21

Well done. I was trying to find a pair on Ebay to go with the new jacket and must've just missed the auction.

•  

Nice "pick" for Premiere gear based on MSP!

Congrats.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

golferdrmjr
    tdogg21

Hey tdogg, on eBay bidding in the last few seconds isn't shady. It's called sniping, and it's the smart method of buying. Figure out the maximum you want to pay and bid with about 10 seconds to go. You only pay a small amount over the next lowest bid or it sells for more than you wanted to pay anyway. No sense running up the bids before it ends.

i understand the sniping.  i've done it myself.  but it seemed a bit odd when there were no other bids on an item until last 2 seconds.  and when i looked at the (limited) stats ebay would show, it listed that bid as the user's only bid.  it is what it is, but it just didn't feel "right."

•  

fredcloss
    tdogg21Just picked up a pair of premiere rain pants off ebay.  i've been watching the auction for a week and no one bid.  i finally bid on them tonight.  someone else bid with 2 seconds to go (it was that users only bid ever, so that seemed a little shady), so that drove the price up some, but i still got them.  a little less than $130 shipped.Well done. I was trying to find a pair on Ebay to go with the new jacket and must've just missed the auction.

yeah....i have to admit, i purposely didn't post anything on here about it.  i didn't want to bid against other members.  if i see any others, i'll let you know.  what size?

•  

tdogg21

golferdrmjr
    tdogg21

i understand the sniping.  i've done it myself.  but it seemed a bit odd when there were no other bids on an item until last 2 seconds.  and when i looked at the (limited) stats ebay would show, it listed that bid as the user's only bid.  it is what it is, but it just didn't feel "right."

You never know how bids are going to go. My wife just sold a 1940's Hawaiian shirt on eBay that was at $71 until the last minute. Then four people bid it up to $333 for the final price. You just don't know who is lurking in the shadows.

•  

my premiere pants came yesterday and i they are great!  i tried them on and they fit perfect.  i was a little worried because sometimes i have to get pants with too large of a waist in order to get the length i need.  but these fit great.  now i'm half wanting rain so i can go out and use them!

•  

tdogg21
    my premiere pants came yesterday and i they are great!  i tried them on and they fit perfect.  i was a little worried because sometimes i have to get pants with too large of a waist in order to get the length i need.  but these fit great.  now i'm half wanting rain so i can go out and use them!

They also work for shoveling snow in the mornings before work!

•  

Rain? Snow? Just 2 more 4 letter words that should be moderated!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    tdogg21my premiere pants came yesterday and i they are great!  i tried them on and they fit perfect.  i was a little worried because sometimes i have to get pants with too large of a waist in order to get the length i need.  but these fit great.  now i'm half wanting rain so i can go out and use them!

i don't even want to think about that.  my wife and i bought a new house last year and i didn't realize how much bigger the driveway was until i had to shovel it.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    tdogg21my premiere pants came yesterday and i they are great!  i tried them on and they fit perfect.  i was a little worried because sometimes i have to get pants with too large of a waist in order to get the length i need.  but these fit great.  now i'm half wanting rain so i can go out and use them!

What is this snow you speak of????  I have seen it before, and never wish to see it again.

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    Devin_Gmittertdogg21my premiere pants came yesterday and i they are great!  i tried them on and they fit perfect.  i was a little worried because sometimes i have to get pants with too large of a waist in order to get the length i need.  but these fit great.  now i'm half wanting rain so i can go out and use them!

What is this snow you speak of????  I have seen it before, and never wish to see it again.

TT

i started snowboarding to give myself something to do after i "retired" from coaching basketball.  but i almost lost a golf season the other year when i had a run in with a tree and destroyed my collarbone.  now i wouldn't be too upset if i never saw snow again.  

•  

Given the drought, we'll take snow or rain, even if it is just so I can wear my FJ Premiere Rain Suit.  Oh, Tdogg told me there's another pair of the pants on Ebay for $199. I'm going to pass.