2018 FootJoy/Cabot Links Experience Sweepstakes Official Rules
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE U.S. OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT TIME OF ENTRY.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
To enter: Visit https://www.footjoy.com/sweepstakes and enter your name and email address to be entered into the sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Period: This Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00 a.m. ET on May 1, 2018 at 12:00 a.m ET and end at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 6, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes period”).
3. Prize Drawing: One random drawing for prizes will be held on August 7, 2018, from all eligible entries. Limit one entry per person. Should multiple entries be received, all such entries will not be eligible for the drawing. The winner of any prize hereunder is not eligible to win any further prizes in this Sweepstakes. Proof of e-mailing an entry does not constitute proof of delivery. Incomplete entries are void.
4. Official Rules: By entering, entrants agree to abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”). All entries become the property of FJ and will not be returned. Entrants waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. No Responsibility: FJ is not responsible for any computer system, or technical malfunction of any telephone lines, computer on-line systems, software, hardware, servers, access providers, computer equipment, program malfunctions or other errors, failure of any entry to be received by FJ on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at website, or any combination thereof, that are human or technical in nature, including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. FJ reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes and randomly award the prizes from among all eligible entries prior to action taken by FJ should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of FJ corrupt the security, administration or proper play of the game. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted at https://www.footjoy.com/18cabot-sweepstakes.html. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, FJ reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. FJ is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such devices will cause disqualification. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” person in whose name the Facebook account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the “Eligibility” section of these Official Guidelines. “Authorized Holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. FJ reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
6. Drawings: Random drawings will be conducted by FJ, the judges, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Winners will be notified by email. If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable period. If due to an error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
7. Prize: A. Prize: One (1) winner, plus three (3) guests, will win a “Cabot Links/FootJoy Experience” trip package with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of twelve thousand two hundred fifty six dollars ($12,256.00). The trip package includes for each of the winner and three (3) guests:
- round trip coach air transportation allowance from the major airport nearest to winner’s address to Halifax, Nova Scotia;
- two (2) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations at the Cabot Links Resort;
- one (1) round golf/foursome at each Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links;
- one (1) three-course dinner at the Cabot Links Resort;
- one (1) pair FJ golf shoes (maximum cost per pair not to exceed $250.00);
- one (1) FJ Pant (maximum cost per pair not to exceed $88.00);
- one (1) FJ Rain Jacket (maximum cost per jacket not to exceed $285.00);
- one (1) FJ glove (value per glove not to exceed $30.00);
- one (1) FJ golf shirt (maximum cost per shirt not to exceed $75.00);
- one (1) FJ Cover-up (maximum cost per shirt not to exceed $95.00);
- one (1) dozen Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf balls; and
- $400.00 spending money (awarded to winner only) to cover meals, etc.
8. Prize Winners: Winner and guests may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law), within seven (7) days of the date notification is mailed. Failure to comply with this condition will result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner will be selected. All prizes will be awarded. Except where prohibited, winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation. Winners release FJ and Facebook, their directors, employees and agents including without limitation their advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of FJ and Cabot Links, their affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate families and/or household members of each are not eligible. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documentation. This Sweepstakes shall only be construed and evaluated according to law of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
10. Winners' List: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped legal size envelope by November 23, 2018 to: “2018 FootJoy/Cabot Links Experience Sweepstakes”, c/o Acushnet Company, 333 Bridge Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or postage due mail.
11. Sponsor: Acushnet Company (“FJ”), 333 Bridge Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719. The sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
You can also reach FootJoy by calling our Consumer / Warranty line at:
M-F 8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.